SOS Children’s Villages Greece is a member of SOS Children’s Villages International which is currently active in 136 countries. SOS Children’s Villages have been operating in Greece since 1975, with the aim to help children who have lost or are at risk of losing parental care.
We believe that every child should grow up within a family with love, respect and security, and so our work helps families create a loving home where a child can be a child. We help families care for their children and, when children can no longer live with their own families due to serious social reasons, we provide quality alternative care in foster families or in an SOS Children’s Village for as long as it needs.
In total, we operate the following programs in Greece:
- 4 SOS Children’s Villages in Vari (Attica), Plagiari (Thessaloniki), Alexandroupolis and Heraklion
- 2 Youth Houses in P. Faliro and Thessaloniki
- 2 SOS Babies Home for abused babies & infants in Athens
- 9 Social Centers for families in crisis in Athens, Heraklion, Ioannina, Komotini, Kalamata, Patras, Piraeus, Sapes (Rodopi) and Thessaloniki
- 6 Learning and Education Centers in Athens, Heraklion, Ioannina, Kalamata, Patras, and Thessaloniki
All our expenses, concerning the running cost and maintenance or expansion of our long-term care and family support programs, depend exclusively on donations by individuals or companies.
If you wish to support our work and make a difference in children’s lives, please make a donation to one of the following bank accounts:
NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE: IBAN GR 69 0110 1040 0000 1044 8022 763
ALPHA BANK: IBAN GR 03 0140 1010 1010 0210 1161 787
EUROBANK: IBAN GR 55 0260 2010 0009 1010 0991 765
PIRAEUS BANK: IBAN GR 40 0172 0260 0050 2602 0155 199
HSBC: IBAN GR 76 0710 0400 0000 4004 4448 146
Following your bank deposit please get in contact with us in our offices, 0030 2103313661.
Note: the English version of our website as a whole is under construction